[j-nsp] L3VPN between Cisco and Juniper

Brent Jones brent at servuhome.net
Mon Aug 1 01:47:14 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 4:26 PM, David water <dwater2010 at gmail.com> wrote:
> All, What are the factor to consider for implementing L3VPN between Cisco
> and Juniper? Any documentation that someone can share with me?
>
> --
> David W.

Question is a bit vague, what considerations for your VPN tunnel are
you looking for?
Do you need route based VPN, or policy based VPN?
Do you need routing protocols to traverse the VPN?
Will traffic IPs be private or public? NAT?

I've always found Cisco VPN (and NAT, and security policies, and
practically everything actually) concepts to be a bit ... backwards,
so some terminology doesn't match on both sides.

If both sides have the correct settings, I have not had any major
problems establishing VPNs between equipment vendors though.

Also, cross posting may not be the best approach, especially with such
a vague question.

--
Brent Jones
brent at servuhome.net