[j-nsp] simple QoS-policy ERX310

Chris Hellberg chris at chrishellberg.com
Fri Aug 5 15:38:45 EDT 2011

Hi Tom,

There are a couple of ways of doing this in real time without clearing the session:

* use service manager to change the QoS profile. Service manager is a hefty feature that can do various subscriber management magic, such as on-box volume and time quotas. One of the other capabilities of service manage is to be able to change the user's QoS profile. It's a licensable/chargeable feature tho.
* switch to using policies to cap user bandwidth and use RADIUS CoA to change session rate limits.

Cheers,

Chris