[j-nsp] SRX 3G Support (was Re: hardware DS1s)

Ben Dale bdale at comlinx.com.au
Mon Aug 8 01:09:44 EDT 2011

On 06/08/2011, at 2:09 PM, Stefan Fouant wrote:

> The SRX 210 is the only device that I am aware of that has an internal ExpressCard slot for the CX111 3G modem.  All the other platforms use an external bridge, so unfortunately you are out of luck here...

Slightly OT, but the SRX210 now supports the Sierra Wireless 312U (aka Ultimate) USB Modem  plugged right into the USB port on the front.

You need to upgrade to 10.4R6 and then flash the RX BIOS to 2.1, but after that the modem is detected as the same cl-0/0/8 interface you see when using the ExpressCard, so all the configuration is virtually identical.

Got a couple running here and they are pretty quick!

The only downside is that USB plug-and-play doesn't seem to be supported - if the stick isn't connected when the box boots, or you remove it after boot time, the only way to bring it back up is a reload.

Ben