[j-nsp] load balancing in Route reflector scenario

Dusan Avbreht d.avbreht at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 11:34:22 EDT 2011

Hi All,

My be this info will help understand!!

Juniper - Default Administrative Distance - preference

Direct/Local :             0
Static :             5
RSVP :                 7  Resource Reservation Protocol
LDP :                 9   Label Distribution Protocol
OSPF internal route :         10
IS-IS Level 1 internal route :     15
IS-IS Level 2 internal route :     18
Default :             20
RIP :                 100
RIPng :             100
PIM :                 105
DVMRP :             110
Aggregate routes:         130
OSPF AS external routes :     150
IS-IS Level 1 external route :     160
IS-IS Level 2 external route :     165
BGP :                 170
MSDP:                 175

Cisco - Default Administrative Distance
Routing Source                 Administrative Distance
Connected interface or static route
that identifies the outgoing interface
rather than the next hop        0
Static route                 1
EIGRP summary route             5
External BGP                 20
EIGRP                     90
IGRP                     100
OSPF                     110
RIP                     120
External EIGRP                 170
Internal BGP                 200
An unknown network             255 or infinity

 Cheers,
Dusan