[j-nsp] RE : ECMP vs LAG and OAM vs BFD

Jeff Richmond jeff.richmond at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:05:49 EDT 2011

Good to know. Since I replied to a number of people privately about LFM in JUNOS, I should also mention that we ran into a major issue with LFM last Friday. Just spent the last 5 days working with ATAC and Engineering on this. Short story is, do not deploy LFM if you have the following combination in your network:

1. VRF using vrf-table-label
2. M320 PE with a 1-port 10GE XENPAK PIC used as an upstream interface
3. I-Chip FPC for the above mentioned 10GE PIC

If you have this combo, either remove vrf-table-label, or don't deploy LFM. This is broke in all JUNOS versions. :)

Regards,
-Jeff