[j-nsp] Arbor Peakflow with MX960

Matt Hite lists at beatmixed.com
Thu Aug 18 18:33:17 EDT 2011

Thanks to Jeff Richmond and Jonas Frey who were kind enough to provide
guidance both on and off-list.

This is what I ended up with:

[edit interfaces xe-0/0/0 unit 0 family inet filter]
+       input-list [ sample-cflow accept-da accept-bgp accept-icmp
discard-all ];
[edit forwarding-options]
+   sampling {
+       input {
+           family inet {
+               rate 500;
+               run-length 0;
+               max-packets-per-second 65535;
+           }
+       }
+       output {
+           flow-server 172.20.1.80 {
+               port 5000;
+               version 5;
+           }
+       }
+   }
[edit firewall]
+    family inet {
+        filter sample-cflow {
+            term 1 {
+                then sample;
+            }
+        }
+    }

What is interesting is that the config parser tells me the "output"
stanza is depreciated.

input {
    family inet {
        rate 500;
        run-length 0;
        max-packets-per-second 65535;
    }
}
output { ## Warning: 'output' is deprecated
    flow-server 172.20.1.80 {
        port 5000;
        version 5;
    }
}

Anyone know the new, non-deprecated way?

-M