[j-nsp] [m10i] PIC-FPC throughput

Jonas Frey (Probe Networks) jf at probe-networks.de
Tue Aug 30 03:00:12 EDT 2011

The 3.2 Gbps limitation depends on the CFEB you have.

The CFEB-E bumps this up to full line rate on all ports (4 Gbps per
FPC).

M7i 8.4Gbps half-duplex CFEB / 10Gbps half-duplex CFEB-E
(this is because of the integrated GE/2FE Ports)

M10i 12.8Gbps half-duplex legacy CFEB, 3.2Gbps per FPC
     16Gbps half-duplex CFEB-E, 4Gbps per FPC

Anyway you always have only 1 Gbps per PIC towards the backplane
regardless of how many GE ports that PIC actually has.

Jonas