[j-nsp] CWDM SFP+ 10gigE

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Tue Aug 30 18:31:04 EDT 2011

Has anyone tried third-party CWDM SFP+ 10gigE transceivers in MX Trio
or EX4500?  A quick Google search turns up many vendors I haven't
heard of:

Optoway
Optospan
Prosfp
Fiberise
Eoptolink
Ftth-china
eNet Components
Transition Networks

and some I have:

MRV
Omnitron

With varied prices in the $500 - $5k range I'm wondering which vendors
people recommend?

The MRV one is Dual-Rate 1-4.25gig and 8.5-11.3gig for use with GigE,
FC 1/2/4/8/10 or 10GigE which is nice, but I wonder how one configures
which rate to use in e.g. EX4500 SFP+ ports given they autodetect the
Juniper-branded optics as being either 1g SFP or 10g SFP+.  Is there a
hidden knob under ether-options to force 1g or 10g rate?

Thanks.