[j-nsp] MX80 loses connectivity

Ido Szargel ido at oasis-tech.net
Tue Dec 6 08:52:21 EST 2011

Hi All,

We have 2 MX80 routers running 10.4R7 and I have encountered very weird
issues with different new uplinks on both of them.

It seems that at first after IP address has been configured there are pings
and everything is working well, then the BGP peer will not come up and at
some point pings will stop working as well, when running monitor traffic on
the interface all I can see is ARP requests being sent with no reply coming
from the other side.

On one occasion it simply started working again with no reasonable
explanation, on another we had to replace the SFP to make it work (although
the physical link was up), and now we face the same issue again.

Did anyone encounter such issues?

Thanks,

Ido