[j-nsp] default Junos on EX4200s currently shipping

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Dec 14 23:40:46 EST 2011

On Thursday, December 15, 2011 05:45:26 AM Jeff Wheeler
wrote:

> Perhaps putting a Junos on the switches that is remotely
> stable when shipping them out from the factory would be
> a good idea.

I suppose "stable" is in the eye of the beholder :-).

Given regression testing seems to be going down the toilet
at Juniper (well, let's just say it's not as robust as it
used to be; either that or the software has outgrown it),
without the kind of experiences kit and code go through in
the mine field to call on, I can see why Juniper would ship
out newer code as stable code.

Mark.