[j-nsp] EX-4200 mixed DC/AC power supply

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Wed Dec 21 00:04:37 EST 2011

On Wednesday, December 21, 2011 07:45:40 AM Jim Glen wrote:

> I've done this on both the EX-4200...

I'm curious what the switch would do, in this case, if you
wanted to drive some IP phone or wi-fi AP's via PoE, as DC
power supplies don't normally allow the switch to drive
power to anything via 802.3af.

Since the switch has both an AC and DC power supply, what
would it do :-)?

> and the MX480 systems,
> it's not recommended by Juniper but it works, I've also
> mixed 110v and 208v with no problems. JimG

That's when you, accidentally, plug the 208VAC source into
the 110VAC power supply :-).

Document, document, document. DON'T USE or DON'T CONNECT
stickers all over the place, e.t.c. :-).

Mark.