[j-nsp] Junos EX - mcsnoopd high cpu

pkc mls pkc_mls at yahoo.fr
Thu Dec 22 03:27:42 EST 2011

Hi all,

I have an issue with ex3200 devices on which mcsnoopd consumes a lot of
cpu.

I'm searching for mcsnoopd info everywhere, but it looks like there is
not much about this, except message logs.

The ex switches run the latest 10.4 release, and if you have a look at
the releases notes there are already some fixes relates to mcsnoopd.

question 1 : (maybe silly, but I ask anyway)
Is it possible to stop the mcsnoopd on a device, if there is no
multicast at all on the network ? (ie the switches are used as regular
layer 2 switches with vlans).

question 2 :
is it possible to debug mcsnoopd ?

thanks.