[j-nsp] Junos 11.2R4.3 on MX

Sebastian Wiesinger juniper-nsp at ml.karotte.org
Fri Dec 23 06:44:59 EST 2011

* Johannes Resch <jr at xor.at> [2011-12-23 12:28]:
> >* Jeff Richmond<jeff.richmond at gmail.com>  [2011-12-21 21:39]:
> >>Yes, doing a lab eval on it and it has a nasty mibd leak bug.
> >>Running a daily 11.2 build at the moment that fixes it (precursor to
> >>R5 coming out in January). So, I would wait for R5 if you plan on
> >>doing any SNMP work at all on the box.
> >
> >Same goes for VPLS, wait for 11.2R5, there is a bug which breaks VPLS
> >when you change your config.
>
> Would you mind sharing more details on that (PR#, problem symptom
> and trigger)? We are in the same boat, currently testing 11.2R4.3
> for a large scale rollout. So far we did not trigger VPLS issues in
> that code in our setup..

Hi,

the PR is not public at the moment. We triggered it while changing
config in a VPLS instance (adding "vlan-id none" to it). After that
the VPLS broke (BGP Routes for the VPLS were withdrawn and not
readded).

Regards

Sebastian

--
New GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
Old GPG Key-ID: 0x76B79F20 (0x1B6034F476B79F20)