[j-nsp] Juniper MPLS VPN using PE-P and P-PE LSPs !

vaibhava varma svaibhava at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 05:22:18 EST 2011

Dear All

I am working on a requirement to enable the MPLS Backbone with MPLS TE
in such a way that I have LSPs running from PE-P routers and P-PE
routers to avoid full mesh of LSPs.

I can not make it working with RSVP as I think I need to enable LDP on
the RSVP TE Tunnel but unable to find a way to do so..The MPLS
Backbone has separate dedicated VPNv4 RRs . On RRs and PEs I have used
a Discard Default Route under inet.3 which helps to reflect the vpnv4
routes from RR and accept them on PEs.

Even I tried to announce the LSP into IGP but that did not work and I
have to instead manually configure static route under inet.3. I
understand this is because the tunnels were PE-P and not PE-PE..

Now how can I solve the issue of passing MPLS VPN Traffic across
broken LSPs in the backbone..

Setup is as below

                                                  RR1
                                                    !
                                                    !
CE1-PE1                        MPLS TE-OSPF Area 0
     PE2-CE2
                                                    !
                                                    !
                                                 RR2