[j-nsp] MPLS fast convergence without link information

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 11:45:50 EST 2011

BFD on the IGP session would be the best option.  We currently run ours at 300x3 on Juniper boxes and lower on some other platforms with better hardware processing of BFD packets.   If you are using aggregates something like 802.3ah may work better as BFD control traffic has a tendency to just take a single link on Junipers.  It is honor miss though whether L2 circuit provider can tunnel that traffic.

Phil