[j-nsp] general guidelines for installing JUNOS to RE, where HDD and CF are blank

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 19:52:31 EST 2011

Chris, Alex:

so one needs to download "install-media-*", dd(1) this image(as I
understand, it contains MBR and file-system with installation files)
to CF and finally insert the CF to "PC Card" adapter in order to
insert it into "PC Card" slot of RE-850? This will make default setup,
where JUNOS is installed to CF(ad0), but /var is mounted to HDD(ad1)?
In addition, how to make a redundant setup, where RE is able to boot
from HDD and be fully functional if CF fails(I have CF as first boot
device and HDD second one)?

regards,
martin