[j-nsp] 2x EX4200 Virtual Chassis Layer2/3 - Which JunOS Version ?

Cristian Frizziero cristian.frizziero at iquall.net
Sat Feb 19 12:26:43 EST 2011

Hi Giovanni,

Here I have 3 virtual-chassis 2xEX4200. Two of them used as access L2
switches, and the last one as L3 border CE (it´s running 4
rouing-instances against 4 VRF with OSPF, 2 LAGs, variuos RVIs and
Filter-Based-Forwardig to accomplish a specific cistomer requirement).

Here there is JUNOS 10.1R1.8 in all switches. In the standar L2 and L3
features I didn,t see any issue. I had some problem configuring FBF, but
not sure if depending on JUNOS version (releases notes had no reference
to that, and I coudn´t continue with the tests).

One switch recently was turned off and couldn't boot any more: I found
that same problem in the experiences of others in the forums, and it was
solved by a recovery with TFTP method and formatting internel media, so
I guess it is not a JUNOS version issue.

Hope it helps.

Cristian