[j-nsp] NSR+GRES vs Graceful restart

Jeff Richmond jeff.richmond at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 13:36:42 EST 2011

Like all things, it is dependent on hardware, code version, voodoo, etc. We have been running NSR for a couple years now on MXs without too many issues. Biggest issue was BGP address families that were not yet supported for NSR, so you would see down BGP sessions and RPD spikes on the backup RE. Other than that it has been very solid.

-Jeff