[j-nsp] Qfabric

Darren Bolding darren at bolding.org
Wed Feb 23 22:01:50 EST 2011

To be fair, the EX switches offer flavors that virtual chasis/cluster/stack
nicely, and are managed via one IP.

The stacking can be done both by proprietary VC cables or over 10G links,
allowing rows of cabinets to have a redundant loop via a 10G connection
between the first and last cabinets.

May still justifiably be called a hack, but perhaps less than one requiring
a separate IP/Switch per cabinet.  This is true with or without QFabric in
the equation.

--D

--  Darren Bolding                  --
--  darren at bolding.org           --