[j-nsp] Qfabric

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Feb 25 08:42:03 EST 2011

On (2011-02-24 17:15 -0800), Joel Jaeggli wrote:

> that activity can be simple as front-running large orders (which take
> longer to fill) with small ones, an elaborate algorithm is not
> necessarily a requirement. I'm kind of down on the market utility of
> such activity but it's not presently illegal.

I suppose it still may be somewhat more complex task than my trading
software, in terms of how many instructions it needs from CPU, and thus
necessarily higher latency, as it is competing with other stuff, for
example kernel house-keeping.

Are these software being ran in regular PC, or has someone tapped this
market and is producing FPGA based fixed delay trading solutions at
nanoseconds jitter scale?
I wonder how much jitter in normal PC could be reduced for running
simplistic software, even with esoteric stabbing of the kernel, sub 1ms
jitter on software solution seems unachievable.

--
  ++ytti