[j-nsp] logical-systems & loopback's

Julien Goodwin jgoodwin at studio442.com.au
Mon Jan 3 06:35:53 EST 2011

I'm starting to get logical-systems going on my M5, and I've hit
something odd that I've not seen before, and Google isn't helping.

Juniper M5, running 10.0R2.10.

When I configure a loopback in a logical-system (eg, lo0.6 for one of
them) all seems fine. When I try and use lo0.6 as the source address for
an unnumbered address (aggregated SDH in this case) I get a commit error:

[edit logical-systems zeta interfaces as1 unit 0 family inet]
  'unnumbered-address'
    unable to get address from lo0.6
error: configuration check-out failed

I also get the same error when trying to use unnumbered-address on an LT
interface (as an aside, why only Ethernet & frame-relay options for LT
interfaces, PPP and/or HDLC would seem to make more sense, having no
encap at all would make even more)

If I try any other loopbacks I get:

[edit logical-systems zeta interfaces as1 unit 0 family inet
unnumbered-address]
  'lo0.0'
    referred interface must have address configured under family inet
error: configuration check-out failed: (statements constraint check failed)

Which seems right, so there's clearly something special happening.

--
Julien Goodwin
Studio442