[j-nsp] EX4200 Problem - Bad Switch?

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+j-nsp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 16:14:14 EST 2011

Hi Paul,

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 7:53 AM, Paul Stewart <paul at paulstewart.org> wrote:

> Ran across a weird issue today on a new EX4200-48T switch.  Switch boots up
> and during so I see this (sorry for the length of the post):

[...]
> So I thought that perhaps the JunOS install is corrupt and rebooted with my
> USB drive connected.  Ran through the installation and it won’t complete:

[...]
> Is this a bad switch??

Probably no worse than every other EX4200 out there :-)  They're a bit
sensitive and emotional.

Looks like the file system is corrupted. Re-installing JUNOS should
fix it but you've tried that. In some cases when this has happened to
us, we've needed to attempt the re-install a couple of times. If you
haven't already, try re-installing from the loader> prompt again.

If/when you get it back online, open a JTAC case and ask for the
'automatic file system mirroring and recovery script'.

Cheers,
Dale