[j-nsp] Offline config verification

Nvvk Brnn savedatum at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 16:40:20 EST 2011

Hi:

I have some perl scripts that generate Juniper configs.
 I need to verify that these configs are Juniper compatible (as there could
be bugs in my scripts)

I have 2 options.
1) Copy the generated config to a juniper router, load merge config and then
commit to see if there are errors.
(We will actually see errors while doing a load merge)

2) This is the option that I want to pursue (in the interest of time as I
have lots of verification to do)
An offline config parser that will tell me if I have a valid Juniper config.
Do we know which daemon in juniper does
this config parsing?

I could start a shell on the juniper and copy the binaries to a remote
machine and start playing with them, but wanted to see if
someone has any similar experience.

Thanks,