[j-nsp] MX480 JunOS version.

Keith kwoody at citywest.ca
Fri Jan 28 17:03:54 EST 2011

Hi.

Our 480 is now online and getting it ready.

As I have seen many messages on this list regarding buggy JunOS versions
and before I go to JTAC and see what they suggest I'd like to get some
feedback from here.

We will be doing straight ethernet, speaking BGP to our upstream, only
taking a default route. Though now with this router, we will probably
move that to taking a full view instead of just default.

Is there a benefit to taking a full table rather than just a default
from our upstream?

We still have some RIP in there for some old legacy gear. Other than
that nothing else, and this is probably a pretty vanilla config compared
to some.

Currently the box is running 10.2R1.8. It has a MIC-3D 20 port card,
MPC1, and RE-S-2000.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards.