[j-nsp] MX480 JunOS version.

Derick Winkworth dwinkworth at att.net
Fri Jan 28 19:24:31 EST 2011

We tried 10.0S10 and S11, but there is a bug that drives CPU to 100%
indefinitely if you have a large config (something to do with socket used to
pass config info to various processes).

10.0S9 doesn't have that bug, so that is what we are using now.  We have
MPLS/RSVP/OSPF/BGP/RIP/NAT/GRE/IPSec/aggregated Ethernet/FBF on an M-120 and so
far so good.  It definitely resolved a list of outstanding issues for us.

We are starting to deploy on MX now with similar features (minus services and
RIP)...  It boots cleanly nothing in the logs that indicates weirdness.  Yet.

Also have a look at your processes and if you see jpppd stuck in Sigwait,
disable that process with "set system processes ppp-service disable"  This is a
PPP subcriber management demon.  If your not using it, kill the process.  Our
commits are a lot faster now.