[j-nsp] Juniper M20 does not clear "show chassis alarms"/"show system alarms" although problem not present any more

Martin T m4rtntns at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 19:16:36 EST 2011

It looks like if one turns power supply of M20 ON and then OFF(or
vice-versa) in less than 60s, then "show chassis alarms" and "show
system alarms" stay present and only restart of chassisd(or router
reboot) would help. This "After powering off a power supply, wait at
least 60 seconds before turning it back on. After powering on a power
supply, wait at least 60 seconds before turning it off." rule is
described here:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/hardware/m20/m20-hwguide/connectingac-power-to-the-router.html

Anyone else encountered this issue? In addition, 60s is rather long time..