[j-nsp] Bypass LSP functionality question

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 00:29:24 EDT 2011

That's not correct.  You should take a look at RFC4090.  A Patherr message
is sent to the head-end node with a flag set to notify it local protection
is in use.  There are also flags in the RESV RRO to notify the head-end
local protection is in use.  The head-end node is smart enough to keep
using the path until it can reserve a new path and do a MBB operation.

Facility bypass wouldn't be very useful if it only protected traffic for a
few ms...:)

Phil