[j-nsp] Bypass LSP functionality question

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Thu Jul 7 12:26:18 EDT 2011

Do you have a per-packet lb policy applied to the forwarding table at the point of local repair?

AFAIK, any fast reroute/bypass needs this for optimal switchover as it allows the detour/bypass to be preinstalled in the pfe waiting for its day in the sun.

As I recollect, the ingress will continue to use the bypass until it can signal a new path (MBB). You may want to set the ingress lsp to adaptive to better chances of the new path being established so the lsp can get of the bypass.

Regards