[j-nsp] MX Firewall Capabilities

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Jul 12 23:11:39 EDT 2011

On Wednesday, July 13, 2011 01:19:02 AM Brendan Mannella
wrote:

> Nice, and if I decided I want stateful firewalling and
> IPS, I see I can use the DPC card...

Note that there have been a number of reports where DPC's
and MPC's don't play nice in the same chassis in certain
vesions of code. You would do well to test your scenario
before you buy.

Also, some features that are required specifically when you
have an MPC will cause the router NOT to boot the DPC if
it's installed alongside the Trio. Some of this information
isn't public yet, so talking to your SE about this would be
recommended before you buy.

Cheers,

Mark.