[j-nsp] dot1q CCC/MPLS on EX4200 series switches

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Sun Jul 17 18:05:09 EDT 2011

You can create a ccc based on port and just everything that comes in the
port to the other end regardless of vlan or encapsulation.  There is also no
mac learning to worry about.  This in my experience is easier to manage than
q-in-q which requires mac learning and spanning-tree.  The down side is that
each port requires a dedicated LSP, so 48 ports would create 48 new LSP's
between the two devices.  I'm not sure what the LSP limitations are but I
would assume it's pretty high.