[j-nsp] Juniper SRX Operating Temperature Question

Scott T. Cameron routehero at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 07:26:04 EDT 2011

I have an SRX240-POE in the basement of my house, in the GTA.  As you are no
doubt aware, it is ridiculously hot here this summer.

The current temperature of the unit is 39c/102F.  The fans are blowing at
"normal" according to show chassis environment.

I'm running 10.4r4 on this box.  In old releases, say 10.3 and earlier, the
fans used to run at "high" frequently, in the same environment.

The box does not show any issues and seems to operate just fine.

Scott