[j-nsp] prepare in one J, use in another

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Jul 21 10:41:27 EDT 2011

Once upon a time, Matthias Brumm <matthias at brumm.net> said:
> Is it possible to prepare a CF-Card in a J2320 with config and new software
> and put it in a J6350? Would that work?

I'm pretty sure that's what I did when I upgraded my CF cards.  J-series
JUNOS is the same for all supported systems (excluding the original
packet-only 2300, 4300, and 6300).

Note that there are a few things in the filesystem that are not part of
the config that you probably want to copy over (such as SSH host keys
and possibly the interface ifIndex table).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>