[j-nsp] JUNIPER-COS-MIB support in open source monitoring tools

Michael Hare michael.hare at doit.wisc.edu
Mon Jul 25 20:29:12 EDT 2011

In .edu, so not surprisingly we rolled our own.

We use three queues and I grab the following per queue.

jnxCosIfqTxedBytes, jnxCosIfqTxedPkts, jnxCosQstatTailDropPkts,
jnxCosQstatTotalRedDropBytes, jnxCosQstatTotalRedDropPkts

At 15 instances per ifl and 449 ifls on one box alone, it's a lot to
grab every 5 minutes.  At times snmp becomes unresponsive on an mx960
RE-2000.

-Michael