[j-nsp] Junos SCU From conditions

cc loo mobile.ccloo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 10:00:21 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

in my policy-statement, i have this simple policy

term 1 {
    from {
        route-filter 123.123.123.123/32 exact;
    }
    then {
        source-class scu-proxy-me-please;
        accept;
    }
}
term 2 {
    then accept;
}

show policy-options prefix-list proxy-prefixes-poc
123.123.123.123/32;

I cant seem to mark the packets tho, what i'm trying to do is mark packets
only if their source ip is 123.123.123.123/32 and i have a prefix-list to
manage the long list. Is there any way to do this ?

Also, whats the difference between source-address-filter,
prefix-list-filter,  prefix-list, route-filter ?

I read on Junos that the FROM refers to the packet's source address ?

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos90/swconfig-policy/policy-statement.html

I must have some misunderstanding somewhere, hope someone can explain to me
in simpler terms.