[j-nsp] RSVP to LDP migration

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 10:41:52 EDT 2011

  If/when supplementing with RSVP LSPs isn't an option for you, you
might also wish to consider enabling Loop-Free Alternates (LFA) for
your IGP along with an exported load-balance policy on each Juniper
device to (potentially) speed up convergence in the event of a
failure.  Having a backup next-hop pre-installed in the forwarding
plane has helped me greatly in areas where RSVP w/FRR isn't
available/used.  Its scope is local, so there's no dependency on
having it configured on *every* router in your network.  Your mileage
may vary depending on what your topology looks like (ie. whether LFA
can find a loop-free backup or not).

David