[j-nsp] [c-nsp] MVPN Rosen interoperation configuration Cisco and Juniper

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Thu Jul 28 14:19:31 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, July 26, 2011 07:51:10 AM David water wrote:

> Can someone please share the working Rosen MVPN
> configuration of Cisco and Juniper? Do I have to use
> vrf-table-label or VT interface on Juniper router to
> make it working?

Haven't worked with Rosen on this end, but NG-MVPN instead.

'vrf-table-label' and 'vt-' interfaces works fine across all
Juniper routers, but where a P router is a Cisco, only 'vt-'
interfaces work "correctly/better" than 'vrf-table-label',
particularly when a Juniper router is a bud node (both a
Receiver PE router as well as a mid-point/branch router).

I believe you just require Tunnel PIC's on the Juniper's if
you want to go the 'vt-' interfaces route.

Again, this is feedback on NG-MVPN. Haven't inter-op'ed
Cisco and Juniper for Rosen MVPN's.

Cheers,

Mark.