[j-nsp] MX NAT at outside interface...

OBrien, Will ObrienH at missouri.edu
Fri Jul 29 10:31:30 EDT 2011

Does anyone have examples of configuring nat (NAPT) on the outside interface of a MX? I've got a working config with Nat applied to an inside interface, but I need to do it on my gateway interface...

Here's why.
I want to police per user IP at ingres. Policing doesn't play nice with services NAT. I've had a ticket open with TAC for a while now and seen no traction on it. Applying both to the same interface causes strange behavior on the policer.

So my solution is to police at ingres and NAT at egress. I'm building a config now, but I wanted to see if anyone has done anything similar...