[j-nsp] M120 lt (Logical Tunnel) interface

Alex alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 09:14:20 EDT 2011

Hello Mauritz,
You need  a T-PIC on M120 to have lt-* interfaces:

Logical tunnel (lt-) interfaces provide quite different services depending
on the host router:
On M Series and T Series routers, logical tunnel interfaces allow you to
connect logical systems, virtual routers, or VPN instances. The router must
be equipped with a Tunnel Services PIC or an Adaptive Services Module (only
available on M7i routers).
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos11.1/topics/usage-guidelines/services-configuring-logical-tunnel-interfaces.html

Having said that, I believe You can "emulate" lt-* interface unit pairs with
sp-* interface unit pairs+"match input-output allow-all" Stateful Firewall
rule to achieve same effect but I never tried that myself...

HTH
Rgds
Alex