[j-nsp] m120 packet size limit ? or another limit ?

Piotr piotr.1234 at interia.pl
Tue Jun 14 08:56:10 EDT 2011

Hello

I think i have problem with performance on m120 (9.6R2.11) I have only
one card 10GE cfpc ( router on stick). Normaly traffic is about 3Gb/s in
+ 3Gb/s out and there is no problem. When i start serving wms, windows
media services, i have about 6Gb/s in both direct and in peak time
packet loss (about 1%), congestion error on the switch where m120 is
connected (ca 5000 errors/s).

 From wms i have about 3Gb/s traffic and about 300k packets with average
size of packet 1300 bytes. I have also 200k packets in opposite direct
but with much lower size.

 From entire router i have 1,1 mln packets in one direct, in both direct
it's 2,2 mln in peak time

When i add second card to router, cfpc, and vlan with streaming shift to
new card, everything is ok, there is no packet loss, no congestion errors.

On M120 i don't have any qos, any problems in log, low cpu on re, i
don't see any errors on interface extensive.

There is some limit in packet size wich M120 can have problem ? Or
another limit involve with only one card in router ?

Thanks for help
Piotr