[j-nsp] T Series RE-1300 CompactFlash Card upgrade

Rafael Rodriguez packetjockey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 19:26:19 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I have a RE-1300 on a T Series that was running some ancient version of Junos that I'd like to bring up to 10.4 code.  Upgrade to 10.0 is good as the CompactFlash Card on the RE is 256MB.  Anything over version 10.0 requires a 1GB CF.  I am having trouble with a 4GB CF that I installed in the RE.  request system snapshot, request system snapshot partition copies all relevant Junos files to the CF just fine.  I am able to mount the partitions/labels just fine to verify this.  My issue is that on reboot the RE won't boot off the CF.  After a couple of mins it boots off the HD.  Does Junos not like to boot off CFs that are 4GB?  Thanks in advance.