[j-nsp] How does multihop eBGP work?

Alex alex.arseniev at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 13:43:09 EDT 2011

If you ever need multihop eBGP again, and are still worrying about
security/hijacking/packet modification/code injection there is a JUNOS
feature called "BGP IPSec protection" which establishes transport IPSec SA
between 2 Juniper boxes for explicit purpose of encrypting BGP packets.
You don't need a Service PIC for this to work, it is done in RE
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.0/information-products/topic-collections/config-guide-routing/routing-using-ipsec-to-protect-bgp-traffic.html
Rgds
Alex