[j-nsp] L2VPN Active Route Selection

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Mon Jun 27 12:51:03 EDT 2011

No, I do not.  The BGP config on the PE is pretty bare - no options besides the family:

admin at lab.router# show protocols bgp | display inheritance
local-address 10.18.20.46;
group 65000-dr {
    type internal;
    family inet {
        unicast;
    }
    family inet-vpn {
        unicast;
    }
    family l2vpn {
        signaling;
    }
    export ibgp-car_to_dr;
    peer-as 7784;
    neighbor 10.18.20.72;
    neighbor 10.18.20.73;
}
group 65000-vpn {
    type internal;
    family inet-vpn {
        unicast;
    }
    family l2vpn {
        signaling;
    }
    neighbor 10.18.20.10;
}

I thought about configuring 'bgp-always-compare-med' or 'cisco-non-deterministic', but figured it would be pointless, because the MEDs are all equal, and thus, the options wouldn't have any effect.

Thanks,
evt