[j-nsp] Using apply-groups for last policy on SRX

John Center john.center at villanova.edu
Tue Jun 28 11:57:24 EDT 2011

Hi,

Is it possible to use apply-group to set the last security policy
between zones?  I'm trying to avoid changing the default policy from
deny all, but I want to do something like this:

groups {
    PERMIT-ALL {
         security {
             policies {
                 from-zone <*> to-zone <*> {
                     policy PERMIT-ALL {
                         match {
                             source-address any;
                             destination-address any;
                             application any;
                         }
                         then {
                             permit;
                             log {
                                 session-init;
                                 session-close;
                             }
                         }
                     }
                 }
             }
         }
     }
}

security {
     policies {
       from-zone PROD-SYSTEMS to-zone ADMIN-SYSTEMS {

             policy XXXX {
                 match {
                     source-address any;
                     destination-address any;
                     application XXXX;
                 }
                 then {
                     permit;
                 }
             }
             apply-groups PERMIT-ALL;
         }
   }

}

After I'm confident I got all of the applications I need policies for, I
just want to remove the apply-groups statement.  Does this make sense?
Is there another/better/easier way to do this?

Thanks.

     -John