[j-nsp] M20 / RE2 Full table

Jonas Frey (Probe Networks) jf at probe-networks.de
Wed Mar 2 04:45:00 EST 2011

Patrik,

its possible and works well. If you only have 1 full bgp feed i wouldnt
worry. If you have multiple they best thing is to upgrade to RE3.
Also keep in mind that you can easily max out the SSB-E if you havent
upgraded it to 128MB or 256MB (SSB-E-16).

This is from a RE2/768:

Groups: 11 Peers: 320 Down peers: 3
Table          Tot Paths  Act Paths Suppressed    History Damp State
Pending
inet.0           1252284     342914          0          0          0
0
inet6.0             9648       3385          0          0          0
0

   Temperature                 27 degrees C / 80 degrees F
    CPU temperature             30 degrees C / 86 degrees F
    DRAM                       768 MB
    Memory utilization          91 percent
    CPU utilization:
      User                       0 percent
      Background                 0 percent
      Kernel                     7 percent
      Interrupt                  3 percent
      Idle                      89 percent
    Model                          RE-2.0
    Serial ID                      e20000078c0e9c01
    Start time                     2009-07-15 07:45:14 CEST
    Uptime                        595 days, 3 hours, 59 minutes, 46
seconds

(yes i know it needs updating/upgrading...but it works well)

Regards,
Jonas