[j-nsp] SRX Static NAT

Bill Blackford bblackford at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 19:05:56 EST 2011

I am looking for a more efficient method to define/map several
scattered/non-contiguous static NATS. I can use pools to map ranges
for end user blocks, but this need is for publishing services
(servers) globally on a one by one basis.

 ex.,

using the following method, I would need to make a separate rule and a
proxy-arp address for each one-to-one snat.

<snip>
static {
    rule-set SNAT1 {
        from interface ge-0/0/0.0;
        rule SNAT-TEST0 {
            match {
                destination-address 66.x.y.6/32;
            }
            then {
                static-nat prefix 192.168.1.65/32;
            }
        }
        rule SNAT-TEST1 {
            match {
                destination-address 66.x.y.18/32;
            }
            then {
                static-nat prefix 192.168.13.67/32;
            }
        }
    }
}
proxy-arp {
    interface ge-0/0/0.0 {
        address {
            66.x.y.6/32;
            66.x.y.18/32;
        }
    }
}
</snip>

I remember doing a single line in screenos unless my recollection is off.

On the Cisco ASA/PIX, it's a single line 'static (inside,outside)
....' statement.
Is there an equivalently efficient method on the SRX?

Thank you in advance for any input.

-b

--
Bill Blackford
Network Engineer

Logged into reality and abusing my sudo privileges.....