[j-nsp] BFD timers for OSPF - MX80 - 10.3R2.11

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Thu Mar 3 13:20:24 EST 2011

On (2011-03-03 20:42 +0300), Egor Zimin wrote:

Hi,

> It looks like BFD implementation in MX80 is not distributed. At this
> moment I have a case in JTAC. The case is opened yet, however, it
> _looks_like_ bfd is not distributed.

If it would be 'distributed', wouldn't it run in 'linecard exception cpu'
powerquiccIII 8544, which is considerably less beefy than RP 8572. And as
there is only one 'linecard' in MX80, you'd run BFD even in slower CPU. Of
course you wouldn't be competing with say BGP processing for the resources,
but MX80 has more ports than MPC which need the exception CPU and the
exception CPU is slower than in MPC as MPC has 8548.

--
  ++ytti