[j-nsp] 2x EX4200 Virtual Chassis Layer2/3 - Which JunOS Version ?

Paul Zugnoni paul.zugnoni at onlive.com
Fri Mar 4 11:37:09 EST 2011

Hope a 2-week later reply is still relevant for you:

I've had good experience with 10.0S1.1 and 10.1R3.7 in setups that include your 3 requirements below. As noted earlier in the thread, upgrades on a EX VC are not hitless, so keep that in mind. The VC will not provide HA for a code upgrade.

Also important to note: You might not plan to carry the full table, but if you plan to accomplish that by rejecting any route from your ISP other than the default, you'll have a performance problem when the EX has to reject thousands (full table now at ~350k routes) of routes. Be sure to have your ISP send you JUST the default. ;)

Don't forget to get the right license to run BGP on the EX.

Paul Z