[j-nsp] Router with lots of layer 3 interfaces

Scott T. Cameron routehero at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 23:08:58 EST 2011

The SRX line is a firewall, and not a router.  Although it can and does
route packets, it is not the strength of the box.

2000 layer3 interfaces is a pretty large number that you may have trouble
fitting on a fair amount of gear.

An SRX240 can handle 64 VLANs on 10.4R2.

Personally I would find a different solution for the problem.  Besides
finding the right hardware for the job, 2000 L3 interfaces is a significant
management burden.

Scott