[j-nsp] SRX vs J-Series for HA over Layer2

Pavel Lunin plunin at senetsy.ru
Tue Mar 8 16:49:37 EST 2011

My 2 cents.

2011/3/8 Ben Dale <bdale at comlinx.com.au>

> Yes this can be done - control link traffic on the branch SRXs is actually
> sent 802.1Q tagged in VLAN 4094, so you'll need to make the interface you
> plug into the control link a trunk on your EX.

As I've mentioned a couple of days ago in some of the neighboring threads,
this behavior is slightly changed since 10.2.

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos10.2/information-products/topic-collections/release-notes/10.2/topic-45729.html#rn-junos-srx-j-CIDBS

*Removing Control VLAN 4094 in Chassis Cluster*—For SRX Series branch