[j-nsp] virtual router, M or J?

Richard Zheng rzheng at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 00:36:48 EST 2011

Hi,

I'd like to solicit some advice on router selection. The requirement is to
support many virtual routers, up to 50 to 100. It only needs a few GE
interfaces. Many customers are aggregated to it. A virtual router is created
for each customer to segregate among them. Built-in NAT and firewall
services are used to route traffic to the Internet so that no external
router/firewall is required. Since the traffic is not too heavy, I believe
both M or J would do it. But I am not sure which one is better in this
particular setup? M is hardware based, J is software based. But J seems to
support more features although they are both based on the same software.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Richard